Plasma Pen Treatments
Cosmetic Injection | Medical Aesthetics
Laser | IPL Services
Optimal Health & Weight Loss
What is a Plasma Pen Treatment?
Plasma Pen is a procedure that can only be performed by a specifically trained and qualified specialist technician using approved equipment to shrink the skin using a sterile disposable probe. Your specialist technician is trained, qualified by Plasma Concepts, has certification and is fully insured.
Before carrying out the treatment you are, as a patient, required to complete and sign all relevant areas of this consultation record thus giving your absolute consent to treatment. Additionally, you will need to disclose your full medical history as that will determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the proposed treatment. If the specialist does not think you are suitable for the treatment, then your treatment cannot and will not be carried out.
Your specialist will discuss your procedure with you, in full, including what it will involve and the likely benefits. Realistic expectations will be agreed and they will explain any risks, the healing process and will then advise you upon any further treatment you may require if/where necessary. You will then be provided with written aftercare information for you to keep and refer to during the subsequent healing process and it is essential you follow these instructions. Any contra-indications will be recorded on this consultation form and will be used as a reference for any future visits.
It is important that you clearly mark any areas of this form that you wish to have clarified or discussed further. It is ultimately YOUR responsibility to ensure that you understand, in full, the Plasma Pen procedure and the expected outcomes BEFORE your treatment commences.
Before Your Treatment
- We recommend you avoid sun-tanning, spray-tanning, tanning injections and sunbeds for 4 to 6 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, we recommend using SPF40 to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned. You may even wish to consider a Pre-Treatment product using a Tyrosinase Inhibitor as this can help prevent the enzyme “Tyrosinase” from misfiring or over-oxidizing the Tyrosine and thus helps ensure there is no overproduction of pigment in the skin. Tyrosinase Inhibitors are not just useful for those who suffer from hyperpigmentation but for all clients – even those with healthy, even skin.
- Avoid any other type of procedures for 3-4 weeks on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Pen, such as laser therapy, chemical peels, Botox/fillers, as this may prevent your treatment being performed by your technician at the time you want it.
- Discontinue any use of topical Retin-A products a minimum of 4 days prior to treatment.
- Remove contact lenses and any eyelash extensions prior to treatment.
- You may not look your absolute best during the initial healing process (usually 3 to 7 days)
- We recommend NOT exercising straight after a treatment because any heat, steam or sweat could add to the inflammation that’s already present. Ideally you want to avoid excessive sweating for 5-7 days during the healing process.
- We recommend the only product you should use after treatment and during the 5-7 day healing process is Factor Five serum 2x per day (morning and evening).
- You may experience a mild tingling or stinging sensation with application of Factor Five serum and this will subside within a very short time. This is to be expected depending on your skin sensitivity and is caused by the healing ingredients intentionally formulated in the Factor Five serum
- Clients may find waiving a book or magazine or using a small handheld fan after application of Factor Five will be comforting in the event they experience any uncomfortable tingling or stinging sensation.
- We recommend you do not wear makeup in the area treated during the 5-7 day healing process because the application and/or removal of makeup could prematurely disrupt the scabs before they are ready to flake off.
- We recommend all clients apply small amounts of our Factor Five Serum 2x per day (morning and evening) to soothe inflamed skin and heal it fast. It also provides relief from possible itching and helps expedite a scar free healing process. Clients must use the Factor Five serum post treatment. The alternative of leaving a scab to continually dry out naturally without the Factor Five can mean that the healing process takes longer and the longer the healing process then the greater the chance of scarring.
- There may be some mild to moderate swelling to the area(s) treated, especially around the eyes and within the periorbital region then moderate to excessive swelling is expected and common.
- Swelling and inflammation for 1 to 5 days post-treatment is normal. If swelling lasts beyond the 5 days, contact your treatment provider.
- We recommend that you do not apply cold packs or ice packs during the swelling period. Icing will diminish the outcome and inhibit the inflammation process that we want to happen naturally. Applying cold or ice packs on the skin could interfere with the mechanism of action performed by the device and the skin’s natural heat and healing process to achieve the desired result. Swelling is a minor inconvenience to achieve the desired outcome.
- If possible, we recommend you take a high dose of Vitamin C supplements over the course of the healing process as this will help give your immune system a big boost. In turn this helps you to repair and also helps avoid hyperpigmentation.
- You may experience a “stinging” sensation in the treated area(s) immediately after treatment. This is normal and is simply the heat exiting the skin. It generally only lasts for about an hour or so.
- Facial areas that has been treated must NOT be covered with bandages, occlusive dressing or any type of make-up, mascara, creams or any other product until the area has fully healed (outside of specific products we recommend, and which should be available from your technician). Areas of the body may need to be covered depending on the treatment and the area.
- If you have received facial treatment, we recommend you sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling. If you have received treatment to your eye area then it is important you sleep slightly elevated for up to 7 days as this can greatly reduce swelling.
- It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is of vital importance in protecting you from any kind of potential infection so please avoid any activities where you could expose yourself to contaminants.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Taking Vitamin C supplements over the course of your healing process can give your immune system a big boost and help you to repair. Continue the use of Factor Five serum morning and evening.
- Any additional treatments that may be required must only be performed once the skin is completely healed and has returned back to its normal color. This usually takes about 12 weeks.
- Plasma treatment is the gift that keeps giving and, on top of the immediate rejuvenation, lifting and tightening affects you will likely experience, it can actually take 8 to 12 weeks for the full effects of your treatment to be seen. You may not actually require further treatment once the effects of your original treatment are more determinable
- Please note that if you do require a longer period of time between treatments then the delay will not alter the outcome/results
What can I expect for results?
Many clients have different results, but ultimately you should notice a drastic improvement with skin elasticity.
Injection Happy Hour
We’re pleased to offer an Injection Happy Hour every Wednesday,Thursday and Friday. Call for more details.
Call to schedule your appointment today!